Yeah. Somebody please. Just hear me. Here's a quote from the artist about the album:
"I was just thinking of how lovely it was when I first met her, "Bee says from a cafe in Glasgow, where she's currently on tour. "With this album, it was all our experiences and good memories. I put them down in these songs. It was definitely hard. But [recording them] made me come to life. It filled my heart."
14. Never Get to Know: Paul Baribeau
If there is one tear jerker on the whole mix, here it is. It is my love letter to all my friends and family, against a backdrop of year filled with loss and addiction. Sometimes the hardest lessons are the most fulfilling. And it is for you, dear unicorn. Don't let me down.
"You might wonder why I'm an asshole. Or wonder why I'm so uptight. Or wonder why I don't just chill out and learn how to have a good time. But sometimes I'm scared right out of my mind and sometimes I just get angry. Because I've been let down by the people that I love. But I will not let down the people who love me..."
15. Hold On Magnolia: Songs: Ohia
This one is for my dear friend Art. We will always be train bridges, magnolias, bananas, pickles, dance parties, lawyers, elves, UMB and umbrellas, and slightly insane. We will always be the laughter that echoes through the streets of downtown or the MCC. You are one of a kind, my darling. You are always there for me, no matter what with a heart full of unconditional love. I'll never forget when you came over, ordered me Chinese food, and stayed with me until I wasn't scared of el diablo anymore. I'll never forget when you called me and I ran downtown and we stood in front of the corner store, holding one another and crying. I'll never forget when you hugged me after I returned from Denver covered in bed bugs. I'll never forget when you brought over supplies for my "last night." You will always be my sweet magnolia.
"No one has to be that strong, but if you're stubborn like me, I know what you're trying to be...You might be holding the last light I see, before the dark finally gets a hold of me...Hold on Magnolia, I know what a true friend you've been...."
16. The Night: Exitmusic
Here's how to access the mix for your personal listening pleasure. There are several options:
1) Go to this mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vcrg318wh5pg3You should can download the zip file and the song listing and cover art. If you have trouble with the zip file, you can also download the individuals files in the folder, as labeled.
2) Subscribe to the mix on Spotify. Here is the link: Falsa Promesas: Katherines 11th Annual Holiday Mix
3) Watch and listen all the songs on YouTube. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQdVeReqUAy6hn0dZPoAQFMwxjjqIe4Xw