22 December 2007

Katherine's Year of the Fire Pig Mix 2007
















As I mentioned in an earlier post, every year I put together my annual holiday mix. This year I decided to dub it "Year of the Fire Pig", as some investigation proved that it is in fact the year of the fire pig (aka boar) until mid-February. What does this mean? The Chinese Fire Pig symbol (Fire over Water) contains a special character that forms an accelerator. The year has potential for situations to gather speed; to burn out of control.

The song listing: (hopefully the collection doesn't take after the fire pig)

I Don't Know If I Will Be Back This Time- Seawolf
Hold On- Darren Hanlon
Thunder Road- Bruce Springsteen
Part One- Band of Horses
(You Don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Don't Cry No Tears- Neil Young
You Are What You Love- Jenny Lewis
Sad and Beautiful World- Sparklehorse
Something Wrong- Sunbrain
The Latest Toughs- Okkervil River
The Sea Calls- Richard Hawley
For Once in My Life- Stevie Wonder
Just a Spark- Songs: Ohia
Rothko Chapel- David Dondero
Southern State- Bright Eyes and Britt Daniel
So Convinced- Superchunk
This Will Be Our Year- The Zombies

Enjoy. Happy Holidays.

No comments: