11 February 2009

Not Yet Redeemed















Not only has iTunes made it incredibly easy for me to casually purchase songs on a whim, they have also made it ridiculously easy to "gift" a song for someone. This seems rather fantastic to me. Instead of telling someone they should hear a certain song for a small fee, you can send the song to the person. I anticipate the future need for a drunk-purchasing feature to protect me from myself...so let's get working on that Apple.

Regardless, I never realized- until today that although you may gift a song to someone, this doesn't always mean the recipient of your gift will actually redeem the song. A sad little gift song left "not yet redeemed." Volumes, it speaks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just dealt the "Not Yet Redeemed" gut shot. Sent a girl I was interested in a couple of albums and songs as iTunes gifts.

Then I looked at my purchase history today and saw the awful truth.

Desperately, I googled to see if the status could be incorrect and found your blog instead.

Could be the ultimate betrayal - especially when that person has an iPhone. She couldn't just click the link???

Maybe I should gift her some really depressing music now to convey my sense of rejection.