24 March 2009

Where do I belong?



Today in one my classes, the instructor had the students break up into groups and write words on the board to describe four different categories: Feminine, Unfeminine, Masculine, and Non-Masculine. I don't want to comment, but rather I just want to post these. I think I might need to breathe in and out a few times before getting into how I feel about this.

Feminine
Well-dressed
Classy
Subordinate
Dependent
Caring
Weak
Non-Athletic
High Maintenance
Emotional
Beautiful
Graceful
Nurturing
Fickle
Indecisive

Unfeminine
Butch
Unclean
Obnoxious
Muscular
Competitive
Insensitive
Strong
Independent
Dominant
Tomboy
Athletic
Rude
Unkempt
Non-petite

Masculine
Strong
Independent
Outspoken
Competitive
Athletic
Sexual Prowess
Emotionally Detached
Successful
Confident
Violent
Unkempt
Aggressive
Work Driven
Tall

Non-Masculine
Weak
Sensitive
Over Concerned with Appearance
Soft-Spoken
Metrosexual
Mousy
Whiny
Emotional
Push Over
High Maintenance
Flamboyant
Dainty

No comments: