29 May 2009

Do you feel socially awkward?

It has been a few days since I've had a good, whole-hearted, tears-gathering-in-my-eyes kind of laugh- and then it came back today. And who do I have to thank for it, my pal from the Rite Aid, Latoya. Why I have a pal at the Rite-Aid is a much more complicated story, but it is one of the things that I love about settling into a neighborhood. You get to know everyone around you. You develop a conversation with them. And in ways, you care about their well-being and they about yours. When I go for my daily walks, I like to stop by and wave at the folks at the corner dry-cleaners, stop in the Rite-Aid to visit with Latoya. Seriously, when I thought about moving to a different neighborhood- I thought about how I wouldn't see Latoya as often. That made me sad.


So, today, in my current funky feeling- Latoya called a number and gave me her phone to listen. And I think you should listen too- because somehow, it just made everything feel better.

Here it is:
772-257-4493

No comments: