26 May 2009

Kicking and Screaming





















The last few days, I've watched approximately 7 movies. See, I've been shockingly not busy in comparison to the last year. When I have the time, I like to completely decompress by taking in as many movies as possible. While I enjoyed Pineapple Express and the many others that I will fail to mention (even one completely embarrassing movie that I rented on pay-per-view)- I also watched The Squid and the Whale, which is a film I've seen a few times before. I forgot just how incredibly wonderful, though melancholic, this film is. Noah Baumbach is the writer and director and so I also decided to watch an earlier film of his, Kicking and Screaming.

While I'll probably still settle on liking The Squid and the Whale better- this line is priceless from Kicking and Screaming-

Grover: "I like that you drink. I like a bartender that drinks. Otherwise, I feel like I'm being poisoned."

No comments: