12 June 2009

Belcourt and Bonnie Prince Billy












On Wednesday night, I saw Bonnie Prince Billy perform at the Belcourt Theatre. It was my first visit to the Belcourt and now I'm troubled by the fact that I've spent an entire year of my life in Nashville not visiting this place regularly. I'm starting to fill my calendar with plans to attend every movie possible. If you are in the Nashville area, don't delay.

Now, I bought the tickets to the show for Tim's birthday. I had briefly been exposed to Bonnie Prince Billy, but it wasn't something that really hooked into me. At least until Wednesday night. The show was beautiful. Fantastic. Perfect.

What I was the most impressed by was the incredible combination of musicians. I couldn't imagine a more perfect group of people playing together, nor could I imagine any one individual being missing and producing the same beautiful music. I really fell in love with Cheyenne Mize, who apparently also plays with Arnett Hollow. I'm now looking forward to exploring new music.

Show one of the summer down, several to go.

Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davemadethis/3616093389/in/pool-nashvillest/

No comments: