11 April 2011

Springtime Crushes: Let's get Twitterpated

It seems that as long as I can remember, spring has always ushered in new crushes. Apparently, I'm not alone in this...even Bambi and his friends get "twitterpated" with the arrival of spring. See below.

The Meaning of Twitterpated

Even after all these years, I find myself absolutely crushed by crushes. Just like Owl says in the clip, you are walking by, you see a pretty face and just like that, your knees go weak.

Perhaps it is the promise of something new, like the beginning of spring. The moments in between, before you've even met the person. And you can engage in all types of ridiculous hopeful behavior. You can speculate about what it might be like when you actually work up the courage to talk to your crush.

You find yourself wondering...What is his name? What if it is Richie? Could I date a Richie? What if he has horrible taste in music? What would it be like to date someone who is a _____(yes, I'm protecting myself here). What if he wears some old white Reebok tennis shoes in his free time?

You can wonder about all of this with your closest friends, giggling all the moments in between. But I suppose the best part of it is all the unknown, all the questions, all the wondering. Just like we all do with our favorite baseball teams in April. It is the hopefulness and excitement of a new season.

Yep, I'm blushing right now just thinking about it.

Entonces, I'll celebrate new crushes and a new season. So, I put together this 8-track mix of crush songs...those that can accompany you when you spend a lazy afternoon in the yard (or side-yard for me and my neighbors) and think of days to come.



And just maybe, I'll work up the courage soon.

--------

Song Listing:

1. Counting Backwards- The Velvet Teen
2. Last Days of Disco- Yo La Tengo
3. Like U Crazy- Mates of State
4. Chesterfield King- Jawbreaker
5. 'Reak Scene- Dinosaur Jr.
6. Crazy For You- Best Coast
7. Do Ya Think I'm Sexy- Rod Stewart
8. I Melt With You- Modern English

1 comment:

Arthur Emmanuel Reed said...

You can call me flower if you want to... I don't mind.