17 May 2013

Song of the Day, Day17. The National: Don't Swallow the Cap

Song of the Day, Day 17. The National: Don't Swallow the Cap




I'm in love with this new album. I saw The National with my good friends, Carlos and Art, in October of 2010 for the first time. It was absolutely tremendous. I've continued to fall in love with their music in the past three years. However, when I found out they were playing in Nashville at the Ryman again, I chose not to purchase a ticket. However, after streaming this album for the past few days...I have changed my mind. I will now be seeing The National again in the fall of 2013. I can hardly wait. 

I remember someone telling me that The National pairs perfectly with rainy days. Today, it has rained all day...and so this perfectly accompanied the cloudy skies.

"Everything I love is on the table, Everything I love is out to sea...I have only two emotions, careful fear and dead devotion. I can't get the balance right. Throw my marbles in the fight..."

No comments: