12 August 2009

San Francisco in August

While I'm still processing my first trip to the ASA conference in San Francisco, I do have some photos to share. Now, you might be wondering- where are all the pictures of the conference? Trust me, pictures of conference presentations and a lobby filled with sociologists talking, networking, job hunting (all while running on only a handful of hours of sleep each night)- would not have been as interesting as the pictures I collected of street art and drinks. Trust me. So, here you are. Some pictures.

San Francisco August 2009




And a lovely video from my last night at Johnny Foley's with Bobby, Lauren, Danielle, and Edson. While you can hear Edson asking a question, Bobby asking if I'm going to blog about this, then running in front of the camera- you can also carefully overhear someone making the statement, "I said, you are married and I have a boyfriend." Where was that conversation taking place?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I couldn't place that statement at all... and I don't remember us being close to any non-conference people... hmm

Unknown said...

Oh man, I think that was me! Too funny. I was commenting out loud, to Danielle or Nicolette, about what the hypothetical conversation would sound like if the dude on the other end of the bar, sporting a big ol' wedding ring, actually came over and talked to us instead of just staring inappropriately at us for an hour!

Katherine Everhart said...

Mystery solved. Wait, was he an ASA participant?