22 December 2009

The Apprehensive Holidays

I'll admit, up front, right now. I'm sort of a scrooge.

Here's the thing- I love buying and making gifts for loved ones. I love seeing loved ones. But there is just something about packing it into a handful of days, while out of town (read: in Charlotte) that makes my skin crawl. This means I sort of hate holidays. I know, that's awful to say right now, particularly only a handful of days before Christmas and only one night before I head home.

Tonight, though, my mom sent me a couple of gift songs on iTunes. And while listening to these songs (yes, brooding is genetic), I realized how despite the chaos of driving the 7 hours home (yes, I'm griping about it) and the constant social interaction, I'm actually looking forward to going home (shhhh, don't tell anyone). Moreover, I'm looking forward to seeing some really wonderful people in my life that I don't get to see that often.

And here they are....from previous home visits.

Holiday Pictures


And yes, this is probably as close to holiday spirit as I get.

So, I should say that I look forward to the parties and celebrations. I look forward to the gruesome Monopoly games. I look forward to catching up with old friends. And I would also love the chance to see my cousins too...as it was has been years.

No comments: