09 July 2012

"I'll see you in another life...when we are both cats."


When I finally ventured outside today, I had a "Vanilla Sky" moment. You know, when the world feels slightly off. Different. Quiet. Moving in slow motion. While walking, I decided I needed a theme song. A song that would encapsulate everything that is going on in my life at this moment. Often, I like to do this by putting my iPod on shuffle, which I call "iTunes Roulette" or what previously was known as the "radio game." I put a lot of stock in random occurrences. So, I thought, the first song that plays, that will be my theme song. And I'll be damned it it wasn't this one...How perfect.

While I listened and wiped the tears from my eyes, I heard these lines from Vanilla Sky in my head.

David: "Do you remember what you told me once? That every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."


Sofia: "I'll find you again."


David: "I'll see you in another life...when we are both cats."

Methinks this means I should watch Vanilla Sky tonight...and hope that tomorrow is a better day than the past 190 days.


No comments: